Here are my thoughts on a topic you have likely all heard by now.
- Insofar as civil war is possible, it won’t be anything like any previous war. No patterns seen in history are appropriate for this situation. Current divisions are ideological, not geographic, tribal or political. It is impossible to tell who is on each side
- It ain’t happening.
- Having said that, there is likely to be “unrest” and civil disruption. I don’t really care. This will be the same violent characters from the Democratic party brown shirts and Krystal Nachts departments that we have been seeing for over 10 years now. They limit their activities to where they live (the cities) and specifically places where their allies own the mayor’s office, police departments and city counsels so that they suffer zero risk of getting arrested and jailed or having their head broken. As such, there is no reason at all why any sane person from the suburbs or rural areas to go there and participate. Let them burn their own homes to the ground.
- Anyone who has seen a real civil war should flee from it and from any situation where such a thing becomes possible. War is hell. Real, literal hell. Why would anyone want that? I have seen the war in Yugoslavia. I have seen green hills turned white with grave markers. I have seen winter Olympic ice rinks turned to morgues. I have seen whole town eradicated of human life and all over a handful of petty warlords wanting to carve out a bigger piece of a rotting corpse for themselves. Don’t play this game. Especially don’t play it because of something you heard on the news, the radio, or the internet. NONE of that is real. What is real is a gang of people walking up your street. Until you look out your window and see that, there is no reason for you to get involved in this.
- Preparing: You don’t need a thousand rounds of ammo. Studies of war show that most people never even fire their weapons at the enemy. Those who do often miss. Those who use their weapons effectively still have a low survival rate. If, hypothetically, “war” breaks out, you will likely only use abut 50 rounds before you are caught, killed, or incapacitated. This is why M1 tanks only have an ammo rack of 40 rounds. They either win or lose the battle by the time they use those. In the low chance that you are special, you can scavenge ammo from those you kill, or change out weapons to a different ammo type.
- The role of local police: They will NOT be on your side, whichever side you are on. They will be told you are a terrorist and they will cheerfully go to your house without a warrant, shoot your dog, and spray your sleeping family with automatic weapons fire fired through thin suburban walls. Hint: they already do this. “Oaths” (TM) and claims of being “sheepdogs” won’t even slow them down.
- The role of the military: See point 6.
The nice thing about a thousand rounds is that you can go to the range and practice (or just have fun) without using up the 50 that you have set aside under the No One Emergency Response Plan. (NOERP). Even when the shelves are bare of everything except .327 Federal Magnum ammo.
In the past 20 years, this is my fourth “critical ammo shortage” i have experienced. If people cant learn to stock up after this, there is no helping them.
I feel like the first point is off. Why couldn’t this end up like Indonesia 1965? I mean, they know who voted then. We know who voted now with social media. I can very easily see people being forced to login to various social media sites before they are executed.
The “documentary” Jagal is a trip…