So… a few posts ago, I showed you the long hard process of getting a 20 ft laminated beam into my attic through a 12×24″ hole.
That’s only half the job. The other beam lain on my lawn for a few more days, in the rain. So today, I did some work and then goofed off and then when my attic became unbearably hot, I got to work.
Learning from last time. I knew I needed to reduce the friction on the point of greatest friction. So I grabbed a hard plastic sheet that I previously bought from a dollar store. It’s the sort that you roll out for children to sit on and slide down a snow covered hill. I put another piece on the leading edge of the beam. The leading edge scraping up the side of the house is a friction point.
And… done. 2 hours instead of 5.