Dear readers. I must apologize for what looks like repetitive blogging. I’m still doing tile in the bathroom. Another weekend has come and. Gone and I have made a trickle of progress.
It turns out that the baseboard tile I put in does not match up with the wall tile. Huge lippage on every joint. So 15 baseboard tiles need to be chipped out with a chisel, new ones cut and installed. So that’s what I did.
The new ones look much better so I dont have to suffer the anxiety of looking at it for the next ten years and thinking I should have done it right the first time. In reality, i should have put then in when i did the wall tile instead of putting them in with the floor.
With leftover time, I grouted the mudroom backsplash. It was useful practice for me.
For floor tile, I have grey sanded grout. For the wall I have unsanded white grout. And I have grey caulk to do places where two surfaces meet. (Corners).
While I’m at it, I reset the electrical outlets. The wall with tile obviously comes out farther then the drywall behind it.
This is easily done by inserting green spacers on each of the mounting screws.
Any viola! Done.