Moving right along. Finally able to get the wall tile up. I had to buy a bigger saw from China freight to handle the 12×24″ tiles. I wish I had it all along. It would have made all those floor diagonals much easier. The new saw also cuts the tiles better with less chipping at the edge. The right tile was cut by the old saw. Left by the new one.
The tiles are pristinely flat. The wall I’m putting them on is not. This will lead to variations and gaps between the tile and the wall. The tile is supposed to have 90% contact with the wall. I’ll be lucky if it hits 15% in some places. Good thing no one will be walking on it. Also good thing I bought this tile on clearance. I have plenty for wastage and wont care it the whole job needs to be replaced … by the next people who own this place.
I don’t know who put up these walls, but he needs to buy a straight edge and a level.
It’s hard work bending over for each trowel of thinset. I mix it the thickness of peanut butter so it sticks to the wall better and doesnt run off. It also fills the gaps better
I got lucky. The window ledge I put in is exactly at the height of an even tile. No cutting needed on that block.