So… I got the floor glued down last week. I go back to check it this week and move along to the next step.
The floor slope is not right. As it is, water will pool in the middle of the floor and not go to the drain.
So, it all has to go. None of it is salvageable. I’ll need to break it back to base floor, create the slope I need, rewaterproof, and cut all new tile. I’m glad I bought the cheap stuff, and bought plenty.
I’m also glad I noticed this early instead of when I took my first shower.
Floor is cleaned out and covered with thinset to gain back the proper slope. It’s thicker along the back edge and walls than the leading edge.
And you can see I also have a shower bench set in. That is a single piece of scrap corian from the local countertop shop. Cost $20.
Ater it fully dries, I’ll check the slop again and then waterproof it again with blue stuff. Sloping, then waterproofing ensures moisture always moves to the drain even if it gets under the tile.