While the entire news media was preoccupied with hating Trump, the Trump administration and Republican-led Congress passed without fanfare the 2017 NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act). Here are a few highlights:
- Reduce the staff of the National Security Counsel from 400 to 150.
- Reduce the Number of Generals and Admirals by 25 %, including the number of 4-stars from 41 to 27. In the past 30 years, the armed forces have shrunk by 38 % but the number of generals has grown by 65%.
- Reduction by 25% the number of SES civilians (Senior Executive Service: Generals in suits).
- A cap in the amount of money DoD can spend on Contractors performing staff work.
- Reforming the entire military health system.
- Adding women to the Selective Service registration law AND establishes a commission to investigate and report if we even still need SS at all.
And a bunch of other stuff that you would expect. That giant sucking sound you have been hearing all year is the Swamp (TM) draining.