As I just wrote about the 2017 NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act), the 2018 NDAA has also done a few things here and there to drain the Swamp (TM).
- Reduces the number of Deputy Assistant Secretaries of Defense by 20 percent.
- Reduces the number of authorized Senior Executive Service personnel in the DOD by 10 percent.
- Removes one assistant secretary from each military department.
- Requires the inclusion of “contractor personnel” in the definition and limitation of the size of headquarters staff.
- Directs the Secretaries of the Army and the Air Force to provide a report with providing recommendations on how the Army National Guard and Air National Guard could gain effective unit and individual training while also enhancing border security capabilities.