It seems that the UN security counsel passed a unanimous resolution against Israel. The US representative would normally veto such pointless votes. But this time, she abstained.
1. Since then, Kerry and Powers have been defending their abstaining vote as the morally right thing to do to bring Israel to account. If it was such a morally right thing to do, then why didn’t she vote “yes” instead of “abstain”? The effect was the same. Obama, Kerry, Clinton are cowards at every turn. Wanting to stab allies in the back, while pretending we are still friends.
2. The UN has a long history of passing resolutions and attempted resolutions against israel. They are all pointless since the UN is not an authority on anything and Israel is a sovereign power. Without the power of national armies to back their resolutions, nothing gets done.
3. This resolution does nothing to harm Israel. It harms America. When the Obama administration goes this far out on a limb prior to being shown the door, we are teaching the rest of the world that there is no “America”. There is democratic party America or there is republican party America. You cant trust one America to comply with the deals made by the other america. That means you can’t trust america. So you may as well just try to squeeze us for all you can get. Loyalty means nothing because we have none.
4. This shows the need for Congress to take a much bigger role in foreign policy. The constitution intended that. The President was never intended to speak for all of America using just his own whims. Foreign policy needs to be slow, deliberate and rock solid no matter who is sitting in the Oval Office today.
5. You don’t have to be an Israel fluffer to despise the UN. I recently heard it described as a 1940’s solution to the problems of 1930. It is an unresponsive, bloated, unaccountable playground for tyrants and globalist petty aristocrat wannabies. It has a history of corruption and not a single instance of successfully preventing a war or attrocity. You don’t need a tin foil hat any more to want America to stop contributing to that farce. If we lead the way, a lot of other nations will follow. Then it will just be the parasite nations without a host to feed them.