This is what the “conservative” media tells me I am supposed to be outraged about today.
The problem with the story is that it doesn’t say what part of it is supposed to outrage me. The comments sections, as usual is so full of ignorance, and brainless high school cheer leading that I feel compelled, COMPELLED to write a post.
- To start, the Pledge of allegiance IS not in the constitution. It was never a part of the Founding Fathers’ vision of what America is or what it should be.
- Despite having a Pledge of allegiance in public schools, and many private schools, there is no evidence that anyone who took that pledge, 200 times a year for 12 years, was actually more loyal to America as a result.
- Having CHILDREN recite a pledge is meaningless. Pledges given my children are pointless and are totally unenforceable in all other aspects of “real life”.
- Compelling anyone to give a pledge is totally pointless and unenforceable in real life.
- “The Pledge” as it exists today is a meaningless collection of drivel that is not worth fighting to keep or to remove entirely. It is a bureaucratic solution, imposed by executive order on a nation of free people with zero enforcement. On the face of it, it is as un-American as 189 countries in the United Nations that are not the United States of America.
But don’t take my word for it. Here are the comments.
There is plenty of evidence that lots of people who said this pledge are the same people who voted in national elections to elect communists and socialist to rule over us. There is no evidence that reciting the pledge made anyone more loyal to the “old America”.
Good job teacher, use a disabled vet as a political prop to coerce a ten year old to agree with your version of correct group behavior. Bur seriously. In the past 100 years, No Marine ever was killed or wounded for the right of ten year-olds to sit during the pledge of allegiance. In fact, none were killed or disabled fighting for freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom to keep and bear arms, or for any other freedom we have in America today. They have all, able, dead and disabled alike, lifted not a single finger in the past 50 years as American lost most of those rights. As we look forward to another presidential election this year, fully half of the voters in this country are all set to confirm ANOTHER communist dictator in office, with the quiet approval of every last person in the uniformed services, all of whom I am sure recited the Pledge when they were in school.
The pledge is pointless, empty, unenforceable, counterproductive, and Un-American. It’s not even worded in any way that is meaningful. It reads like it was written by a committee. Additionally, it is a form of idolatry that every Christian should cringe before.