I am giving up on commenting on blogger sites. I have spent too much effort lately trying to post those comments only to see them evaporate. There is some basic incompatibility between my firewall, obsolete browser, wordpress ID, and the way blogger comments works.
Typically, it goes like this:
- Write comment. fill in google or open ID as my wordpress address. Hit “post”.
- Then the comment dialog comes back up and I have to fill in the Open ID/wordpress addresses again. Hit “post”.
- Then I get some sort of reCapcha puzzle to solve. this often has 9 blurry images and asks me to find the pictures with rivers. From the angles, I can’t tell if they are ponds, lakes, rivers, streams, Oceans, or puddles. Or asking me to select palm trees and having two pictures that are long range landscapes. They might have palm trees, I can’t tell. Who makes this shit up? Hit “Post”.
- Wait. 75% chance of getting a blogger timeout message and having to start over.
- 50% chance I get a dialog that says, “your comment has been saved pending site editor approval”. The other 50% of the time, it is just gone.
So. It’s no longer worth my time to try responding on any blog hosted by Blogger. Sorry guys. I still like you. I still read your stuff. It still pisses me off enough to jump in and set your straight on all the ways your are wrong. But instead I’m just going to go find a video on YouTube.
Thought you would all like to know.